As a way of easing into 2016 (I’m currently ignoring the fact that it’s already – somehow – the 17th January), here are some literary oddments picked up online:
- I loved this list from The Toast, first spotted over on Cornflower Books (where many of the best things can be found).
- Some of Virginia Woolf’s works are now available on Project Gutenberg.
- If you’re of a mind to look back over 2015, the Guardian published a good list of the best titles brought out last year (in their opinion, of course – anyone have any thoughts on books they might have missed?).
- If you’re still umming and aahing over 2016 resolutions (or have already attempted some only to crash and burn), then One Little Word might be for you. I’ve found this a really helpful approach in previous years when I’m looking for direction, rather than a long list of impossible goals.
- For laughs aplenty, a blog to follow: Hark, a vagrant…