It’s World Book Day tomorrow, so here’s some book-themed literary linkings for you:
- Thanks to Helen at a gallimaufry – a long-time favourite bookish blog – I was reminded that’s time for the Diagram Prize for the Oddest Book Title of the Year. If you’re interested, my vote went to “Divorcing a Real Witch: For Pagans and the People That Used to Love Them”
- A long-lost Dr Seuss book – What Pet Should I Get – is due for release on the 28th July. Oh The Places You Will Go was read at my wedding by my lovely mum-in-law in one of our surprise readings.
- It turns out literary jobs are the most desirable…
- The Folio Prize shortlist is out and there’s a couple of contenders on my TBR list. Interestingly, they also announced, for the first time, the books they considered that didn’t make the cut. I wonder how Martin Amis, Sarah Waters, Peter Carey and Richard Flanagan feel about that?
- Which of these 25 Greatest Homes in Literature is your top choice? I’m “Manderley” all the way (with Misselthwaite Manor from The Secret Garden a close second).